No… not with Stokefire. (We’re done hiring until we find a bigger space.)
Try Landor – the Grand-daddy of the industry. I received this in my in-box this morning with no mention of copyright or non-distribution policies. So I’ll help a competitor out… (They’re not competing in my space at the moment so I’ll play nice.)
If I were in New York and didn’t have my own firm I’d consider talking with them about it… But I’m not and I do, so there shall be no talks.
Landor isn’t currently known for their creativity in naming, so perhaps the new person can bring a little spark to the organization. (If I’m gonna help ’em I gotta get a little dig in, don’t I?)
If you’re applying I’d love to hear about it.
Applied Linguistics & Naming Architecture: Director, Naming & Writing, Landor Associates/Young & Rubicam Brands, NYC, USA
Organization: Landor Associates/Young & Rubicam Brands
Department: Naming & Writing
Web Address: http://www.landor.com
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Verbal Identity
In the ‘agency world’ and among marketing professionals on the client
side, Landor Associates is known as the world’s most accomplished and
internationally recognized branding and design consultancy. For 65 years
we’ve delivered a multidisciplinary range of brand strategy, design,
naming, interactive, and research services, helping clients around the
world create, renew, and strengthen their brand power. Besides being a
solid career credential for the best designers, marketers and all sorts of
advertising, strategic and creative professionals, Landor is also well
known as a fun, collaborative, and intellectually stimulating place to work.
The Director, Naming & Writing, based in Landor’s New York City office,
will be a strategic thinker and doer with expertise in developing branding
and naming architectures, nomenclature systems, and naming guidelines for
complex corporate and product/service projects. You will also be an expert
in name and tagline development and brand voice strategy and guidelines.
Here are just some of the other things we expect from you:
– help clients make decisions about strategic and creative work
– sell naming solutions and bring ideas to life
– provide clear direction to team members for creative efforts, helping
them to optimize creative output
– identify and take the lead on developing new products, methodologies and
– be the problem solving “hired gun” on relevant client engagements and
function as client leader on all types of Naming and Verbal Identity
– have strong and lively facilitation and moderation skills
– manage, mentor and develop multiple direct reports
– take the lead on creation of proposals and pitches
– formulate, assess and manage overall department budget
– handle day to day management and operational issues related to the
Naming & Writing practice in Landor’s NY office.
– The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors Degree in English,
Linguistics, Liberal Arts, or related studies with a minimum of 8 – 10
years of Naming/Writing/Verbal Identity experience (on the agency or
– Must have leadership experience and worked in an organization as a
Naming/Verbal Identity Consultant.
– Significant experience with naming and nomenclature strategy is an
– A “wide angle” view of branding and ability to represent Landor’s range
of offerings to clients is necessary.
Landor Associates, part of the WPP Group of companies, provides a
competitive compensation and benefits package.
To apply, please visit our company website listed below. Please create a
new member profile and upload a copy of your resume (Word or PDF format is
preferred). If you choose, you may submit samples of your work by
clicking on the ‘Add Documents’ link after creating your profile.
Application Deadline: 30-Jun-2007 (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: http://www.landor.com/careers
Manager, Human Resources: Ira Beckman